Teladoc Health - Providers
Unites States – Virtual
Working as a full-time employed member of a care team, the Staff Therapist provides virtual patient care via video and telephonic appointments. This role contributes to shaping the evolution of virtual care as an industry standard to make mental health care accessible, affordable, and effective for all. Must have the ability to work in a fully independent, unsupervised capacity.
- Independently evaluate, diagnose, and treat adult and adolescent mental health patients.
- Work with a healthcare team to provide patients with outpatient tele-mental health therapy services via video and phone communication channels, within the standard of care for telehealth therapy patients.
- Be accessible to the Care Team to solve problems and keep the entire panel well cared for in a timely manner.
- Analyze, generate and/or maintain a variety of clinical records and reports, test results, medical records, and assessments to diagnose the mental health condition of patients and propose treatment options.
- Attend staff meetings, training, meetings with directors and other similar activities as deemed appropriate by leadership.
- Consistently meet or exceed clinical quality and patient care standards, including adhering to department policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Maintain accurate, detailed, and timely completion of medical records.
- Support the Medical Director and product team in the development of new products and services, as needed.
- Collaborate within the context of multi-disciplinary medical-model teams.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all federal and state health information privacy laws.
- Minimum 3+ years of non-supervised independent practice experience in a clinical setting assessing, diagnosing, and preparing patient treatment plans.
- Master’s degree or higher in social work from a graduate school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Successful completion of training hours under the supervision of a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) (as applicable by state for independent practice) in an established and reputed clinical setting.
- Certification as a LICSW or LCSW, (as applicable by state for independent practice).
- Current licensure for independent clinical practice as a LICSW or LCSW from any of the 50 U.S. states or the District of Columbia and license certifications must be actively maintained.
- Experience with empirically supported psychotherapy for PTSD, as well as depressive and anxiety disorders preferred.
- Demonstrated passion regarding the delivery of high-quality mental health care.
- Ability to provide individual and family therapy preferred.
- Strong working knowledge and background in psychotherapy.
- Excellent communication, planning and conflict resolution skills.
- Attention to detail and timely presentation to patient appointments imperative.
- Willingness to become licensed in additional states as required and funded by the Company.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We have already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our members.
Ranked #1 among direct-to-consumer telehealth providers in the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Telehealth Satisfaction Study.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy).. In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Teladoc Health respects your privacy and is committed to maintaining the confidentiality and security of your personal information. In furtherance of your employment relationship with Teladoc Health, we collect personal information responsibly and in accordance with applicable data privacy laws, including but not limited to, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Personal information is defined as: Any information or set of information relating to you, including (a) all information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you, and (b) all information that any applicable law treats as personal information. Teladoc Health’s Notice of Privacy Practices for U.S. Employees’ Personal information is available at this link.